Student Finance Manager
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
At Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading healthcare educator that partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class academic curriculums, certifications and training programs across the medical and healthcare industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Chamberlain University, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, and Walden University. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visit adtalem.com.
Opportunity at a Glance
The Manager, Student Finance is responsible for the overall processes, training, evaluation and support for student finance/accounts receivable services. The Manager, manages day to day operations and handling of all student issues, as well as assessing and measuring the effectiveness of services provided. This position may also assist, design and implement programs that foster student success and customer service as well as contribute to the accomplishment of the operational objectives for the academic partners and organization. Works in a contact center or processing center environment that supports students regardless of service modality. This leader is charged with being a role model for the organization TEACH values and fosters a culture of CARE consistent with organization's mission, vision, and purpose.
- Directs and manages a Student Finance team and provides leadership in order to continually improve academic partner services
- Provides leadership to promote and maintain integrity, accuracy and timeliness in the delivery of service and advisement to students/academic partners, ultimately ensuring a positive
- Ensures that the department is appropriately staffed which includes interviewing candidates, making hiring/promotion decisions, and ensuring all colleagues understand their role and responsibility
- Evaluates and reviews current customer service/operational practices and processes and advises management on recommendations for
- Provides management with tracking, reporting, and assessment of
- Leads in the development of colleagues, department, and/or functional area that have an integral role in the overall customer service/operational initiative
- Develops, implements, and monitors schedules that provide effective coverage to ensure
- May prepare department staffing and budget plans and maintain adequate staffing while remaining within service level
- Counsels escalated student/academic partner concerns and strives to resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Demonstrates and communicates current, detailed and accurate knowledge of University policies, Title IV, Military/Veteran’s Affairs, international and state regulations to prospective and current
- Communicates the policies and procedures in a manner that displays deep understanding of the rationale and the value of the policy or procedure to the student.
- Ensures that colleagues have the needed tools and resources to assists applicants/students/colleagues with making informed decisions by providing accurate and helpful Student Finance counsel.
- Identify and shares best practices with the department members to ensure that all staff members continuously provide and improve the student experience.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all Student Finance programs, policies and procedures.
- May assist with designing and presenting any special reports/projects for accreditation and state approval process
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor's Degree required or
- Master's Degree preferred
- 4 of combined professional experience required and
- Prior people management experience required and
- Experience working in a service-oriented industry and environment required and
- Experience in budget preparation, financial modeling and accounting management required
- Must have knowledge of federal and state financial aid rules and regulations
- PC skills in Microsoft Office and financial aid software
- Understand and support internal and external customer
- Exceptional leadership, critical thinking, organization and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and work in a fast paced environment. Ability to work independently and make sound decisions without supervision or
- Student Finance experience required. Specifically, knowledge of principles, practices, methodology, and procedures for the provision of student financial aid and knowledge of federal and state financial aid laws.
- Proven ability to set deadlines and ensure projects are
- Strong presentation skills and prior experience speaking in front of senior leadership
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $51962.03 and $93918.96. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.