Dean, Academic Affairs( Nursing)
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
About Chamberlain University
Chamberlain University, an Adtalem Global Education institution, continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education through a growing community of over 100,000 alumni who are making an impact in their communities around the world. Chamberlain has the largest school of nursing in the U.S. and is the leading grantor of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degrees to underrepresented minority students in the country. The university is committed to addressing the national nursing shortage through the development of innovative programs to ensure nurses are practice ready as they step into the workforce. Chamberlain is comprised of the College of Nursing, with online and campus-based programs, and the College of Health Professions, offering a variety of bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs. Chamberlain University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Visit chamberlain.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Opportunity at a Glance
Empowering. Influential. Inspiring. Passionate….these are the leadership traits that our future Dean, Academic Affairs will hold. Bring forward these traits along with your strong academic nursing experience to play a lead role in our BSN program based in insert location. You will engage, guide & lead the management, delivery and continuity of our academic nursing program. You will shape & mentor a collaborative team, which will include Faculty, an Academic Success team, Skills Lab & experiential learning models. Ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered to meet the college's objectives. Our customized unique Care-Student Success model helps us achieve our mission to provide the best student experience possible. Help lead the path to assure our students are provided support services required to maintain the highest levels of student achievement and retention without compromising the integrity of the educational process.
- Is accountable to and provides oversight for multiple campus location to ensure curricular and program outcomes are evaluated, monitor, and achieved.
- Ensure development of a cohesive, cross-functional campus / alliance academic team with specific objectives and appropriate action planning as necessary.
- Chair the implementation of the institution's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes and course objectives through classroom, clinical teaching and service to the College and nursing community.
- Orchestrate leadership & encouragement to nursing faculty including determining and assigning appropriate faculty workloads.
- Advise in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified nursing faculty.
- Ensure faculty leadership orients/onboards and provides regular evaluation/feedback on teaching & learning best practices.
- Collaborate with associate deans to assign & approve faculty schedule and accountability measures for workload management.
- Develops plans for projects and goals in collaboration with national academic committees.
- Collaborate with academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Demonstrate leadership and accountability for strategy development in coordination with national academic support teams for student success including, student persistence, graduation rates, first time NCLEX-RN pass rates, curriculum delivery and student satisfaction and is accountable for the development of action plans to meet and maintain Chamberlain University’s standards.
- Ensure that campus academic teams (student learning and faculty) access and complete course assessment data in collaboration with national academic teams each session.
- Ensure that campus academic teams (student learning and faculty) are appropriately using course resources in onboarding and ongoing development of campus academic teams.
- Create a well defined plan for each campus/alliance for FCAC participation, monitoring, and reporting of updates.
- Collaborate in the development and demonstrate accountability to final outcomes of annual budgets for both academic operations areas, including FT/VP faculty position and workload management, laboratory supplies/budgeting, cost of instruction, and other areas.
- Serve as resource, mentor and policy interpreter for alliance academic leaders, faculty, and students.
- Initiate leadership in the development and maintenance of new programs and/or program expansion.
- Positively represent Chamberlain University to professional groups, organizations and the community at large, as well as to the organization.
- Empower a positive environment for our faculty, staff and students by modeling a care-based attitude.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and statutory regulations; amends existing policies/procedures as needed. This may include being identified and approved by the state board of nursing as the point of contact or program director on location. Acts as liaison between local, state agency, and national college teams specific to compliance and regulatory.
- In the event the Dean, Academic Affairs, serves as the program director or administrator for the state board of nursing, other specific criteria may apply.
- This position is a designated Campus Security Authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- Master's Degree in nursing Required and
- Doctorate degree Preferred and
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity Required
- 5+ years years full time experience in nursing education required with at least 3 years in a leadership role. Required
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict resolution and computer skills.
- Ability to lead, direct and advise both faculty and students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
- Strength to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Current unencumbered licensure as an RN or a multi-state privilege to practice nursing in the Commonwealth/State. Required
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $97253.99 and $175761.85. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
You are also eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.