Clinical Education Fellow - Step 1 & TCM
About American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), an Adtalem Global Education institution, is committed to training tomorrow’s physicians through international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. AUC is one of the most established medical schools in the Caribbean and focuses on community collaboration to benefit the health and well-being of the local communities, while enhancing the student learning experience. With campuses located in Sint Maarten and the United Kingdom, AUC has graduated more than 7,500 students and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine.
Visit aucmed.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Clinical Education Fellow - Step 1 & TCM
The Clinical Education Fellow (CEF) position will assist students in their transition to clinical training beginning during the Step 1 LOA and into year 3. CEFs will work closely with students during the Step 1 LOA to coach, advise, and assess readiness for Step 1 through recommendation of resources, study plans, practice exams and connection to AUC. They will also support students after Step 1 during the Transition to Clinical Medicine Program (TCM) as students begin clerkships.
*Note: position is for American University School of Medicine
2022 and 2023 graduates only
Location: Remote US or Canada
- Act as coach for students as they navigate their third year of medical school, including expectations for clerkships, examination information and guidance for NBME Shelf Exams, as well as Step 1 and Step 2.
- Meet with AUC students during their Step 1 LOA and during clerkships in TCM.
- Provide instruction and facilitate students’ use of Canvas and Medtrics.
- Demonstrate learning resources available to students and encourage their use in preparation for exams and clerkships.
- Review students’ use of learning resources and facilitate students’ ongoing use of Medtrics for patient logging and completion of evaluations.
- Create a sense of connectedness among student cohorts and AUC through ongoing engagement.
- Facilitate discussion and reflective practice regarding academic performance, progress, and readiness as appropriate.
- Refer students to the appropriate departments and resources.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- NOTE: this is a non-faculty position.
- Must be a recent medical school graduate of AUC
- Must have the M.D. degree and completion of all rotations
- Satisfactory or better grade in 5th semester
- Excellent English communication skills
- Strong teaching skills and experience or evidence of potential
- Desire for self-improvement
- Flexibility and ability to work well on a team
- Must demonstrate exceptional professionalism
- Ability to research queries independently
- Understanding of when to handle something independently and when to take it to the team or manager
- Experience with some of AUC’s clinical education placements.
- Strong writing skills
- Strong study skills
- Familiarity working with medical students and familiarity with NBME and USMLE exams.
*Please include cover letter with application. If you have applied for more than one AUC fellow position, please indicate your order of preference.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $19.45 and $31.82. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 7 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 1 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!