Senior Program Coordinator
Ross University School of Medicine is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. The organization’s purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, Ross is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 12,000 alumni, Ross is an important contributor to healthcare in North America. Students complete their foundational studies in Bridgetown, Barbados before completing their clinical training in one of Ross’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States.
Opportunity at a Glance
A senior program coordinator role will work directed onsite with one of the University’s affiliate clinical training hospital sites. This position will work with various departments to ensure medical students are credentialed and ready to start their clinical clerkships. The senior program coordinator will work closely with the affiliate hospital’s administration on student orientation, and the collection/processing of all required student documentation and evaluations.
- Processes student documents for core and elective rotations at the affiliated training site.
- Reviews student health records including health assessment and immunization records to meet hospital requirements.
- Active follow-up on outstanding documents needed to begin clerkships. Works with hospital coordinators to ensure all University students are credentialed and can begin clinical clerkships.
- Submits all requisite paperwork to hospital coordinators and participating hospitals.
- Provides valuable customer service to clinical students in-person meetings or via phone/email.
- Uses the Banner, Salesforce, and performs general data entry procedures on all University.
- Assesses the accuracy and completeness of Clinical Clerkship Evaluation Forms received.
- Prepare and assist with student orientation. Assists in proctoring the National Medical Board Examinations.
- Prepare and send out all necessary correspondence with University students.
- Gives timely feedback on emerging student needs and supports the development of innovative solutions to meet them, working closely with various departments in solving unique and complex problems with broad impact to student satisfaction.
- Documents appropriate procedures, instructions, and rules to share knowledge and create standards for operations at affiliated training site.
- May assist in orientation, student documentation and other duties for additional hospitals in the area.
- Assists with the planning and execution of University academic site visits.
- Collaborates with local GME office on specific working hour requirements and adheres to all pre-employment obligations as set by the hospital.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in education, social science, or a health care related field.
- 2 years prior experience in education or a field related to counseling or customer service.
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet applications, database software, and SCT Banner highly desirable.
- Familiarity with NBME, ECFMG/USMLE guidelines and other pertinent policies and procedures necessary for licensure of international medical graduates (IMGs) desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent negotiation, decision making, and time management competence.
- A team player, respectful of others and capable of working well with a wide variety of personalities.
- The ability to travel to various campuses as needed domestically and internationally
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $18.15 and $32.86. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!