Senior Manager, Registrar Operations
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
At Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading healthcare educator that partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class academic curriculums, certifications and training programs across the medical and healthcare industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Chamberlain University, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, and Walden University. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visit adtalem.com.
The Senior Manager, Registrar Operations will be responsible for direct oversight, coaching, training and development of Registrar Operations Managers, Team Leads, and Representatives responsible for multiple functions. Is responsible for managing day-to-day operations and student escalations, as well as assessing the effectiveness of services provided. Is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to accomplish operational objectives for institutional partners to drive performance to deliver the agreed upon impact to the student experience and support institutional growth.
The expectations of this position, as it refers to the leading and management of people, are greater than the management of daily functional tasks. The individual in this position is charged with leading and exemplifying the ways in which things are done rather than the management of outcomes, which results in spending 60% of time focused on leadership driven attributes and 40% focused on the management of functional tasks. This individual is required to collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders at all institutions within Adtalem’ s portfolio to implement strategies that drive operational efficiency, institutional growth, and an optimal student experience.
This leader is charged with being a role model for the organization TEACH values and fosters a culture of CARE consistent with organization’s mission, vision, and purpose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The information provided below outlines the Experience, Duties, and Responsibilities that are expected of leaders within the Institutional Support Services (ISS) department.
Leadership attributes as defined by the ISS leadership team, and expected in this role, include Creating the new & different (Curiosity), Being flexible & adaptable (Flexibility, Ability to change, Resilience), Focusing on Performance (Drives Results), Being authentic (Empathy, Selflessness, Authenticity), Optimizes diverse talent (Cultural intelligence, Builds effective teams, Develops talent) Managing execution (Prioritization, Alignment), Building Collaborative Relationships (Collaborative, Manages conflict, Builds networks), Influencing People (Communicates Effectively, Willingness to listen), Understanding the business & making complex decisions (Decision quality), Being open (Emotional intelligence).
These attributes are expected to be consistently demonstrated through the following responsibilities of the role:
- Creating the new & different: Participates in the formation execution of short and long-term goals for Registrar Operations to ensure Institutional Support Services results are achieved. Remains curious and engages with leadership, colleagues, and stakeholders by asking strategic and targeted questions to get information.
- Being flexible & adaptable: Willing to adjust plans as necessary considering the dynamics of the situation. Embraces change as a steppingstone to progress and can operate effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear. Works to drive continuous improvement throughout the Registrar Operations function. Demonstrates a high level of organizational agility and ability to lead a team through organizational change.
- Focusing on Performance: Provides clear direction and accountabilities to team by developing strategies to meet short and long-term objectives. Delegates work effectively.
- Being authentic: Models a leadership style that is service-oriented, positive, respectful, and promotes collaboration and trust. Brings colleagues together and puts the collective interest ahead of self-interest for the greater good of the organization.
- Optimizing diverse talent: Builds strong, diverse teams and recognizes the value different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. Supports the professional growth of direct reports and their teams while fostering a safe, respectful, and inclusive work environment that is reflective of Adtalem’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Identifies key talent to create strong lines of succession within Registrar Operations function, Institutional Support Services.
- Managing execution: Collaborates with team to implement robust, flexible plans and projects that are in alignment with strategic Registrar Operations function priorities. Sets deadlines to ensure team can execute strategy and projects on time.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Effectively builds formal and informal networks within and outside of the Institutional Support Services structure that serves as the primary liaison for institutional partners. Collaborates with institutional partners and acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the development of processes, controls, reports, evaluations and reviews policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations. Counsels escalated student and institutional partner concerns and strives to resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Influencing people: Ensure services are carried out in a timely fashion. Collaborates with team to ensure work is accurate and data quality is maintained within systems. Conveys clear communication by adapting to different audiences and is willing to listen to others.
- Understanding the business & making complex decisions: Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Actively seeks input from pertinent sources to make timely and well-informed decisions. Has a high-level understanding of departmental budget.
- Being open: Serves as a champion for organizational culture, demonstrating and sharing the TEACH values and promoting a culture of empowerment, engagement, collaboration, and care. Demonstrates versatility, strategic agility, and self-awareness with a leadership style that enables opportunities and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years management experience, shared services environment preferred.
- Areas of expertise should include Registrar functions and responsibilities, Academic policy, procedures and programs, and related Student Finance and Student Services knowledge.
- Experience working with leadership and participating in accreditation visits and internal and external audits.
- Ability to drive projects and results involving several business units. Ability to develop and motivate teams to meet or exceed goals.
- Knowledge of University policies, FERPA, AACRAO guidelines, and international and state regulations to prospective/current students and academic partners.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to set priorities and deadlines to ensure projects are completed.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $77996.84 and $140851.54. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
You are also eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.