End Point Technician
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC School of Medicine) is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a healthcare educator headquartered in the United States. The organization’s purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, American University School of Medicine has more than 6,500 graduates and is one of the oldest medical schools in the Caribbean.
Dedicated to developing physicians with a lifelong commitment to patient-centered care, AUC embraces collaboration, inclusion, and community service. With a campus in St. Maarten, affiliated teaching hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom, and internationally recognized faculty, AUC has a diverse medical education program for today’s globally minded physician. American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine’s Medical Doctorate program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM). For more information visit aucmed.edu or follow AUC School of Medicine on Twitter @aucmed.
The Endpoint Technician provides up to Tier 2 onsite and remote end-user support.
- Assess issues and provide solutions for problems that cannot be handled by Tier 1 support, escalates high impact endpoint or software related issues.
- Timely installation and repair of endpoint hardware, operating systems, firmware, software and peripherals.
- Manages assigned ServiceNow incidents, tasks and requests. Maintain inventory accuracy of endpoint hardware.
- Tests new software and hardware for compatibility.
- Maintains a strong service excellence culture.
- Provide training on endpoint, software and peripheral usage. Participates as a technical resource needed in both large and small projects.
- Develops and updates SOP's, assist in the development of technology policies and procedures.
- Works closely across IT teams to ensure effective communication and project escalation.
- Based on departmental assignment, provides technical assistance with classroom audio-visual and computer hardware equipment, video conference systems, classroom computers, instructional software applications, AV digital media creation lab, and computer-based classrooms and thoroughly document all support issues and resolution.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Networking, or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 3 years enterprise experience with Microsoft Windows Clients (Win10), MacOS in a Windows Server 2016, Active Directory environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework.
- Knowledge of Windows and MacOS networking including DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP.
- Deep knowledge of hardware component repair (desktop, notebook, printer, audio visual technologies, other).
- Knowledge of the major client software packages (Latest MS Office Productivity Suite, MS Teams, Zoom, Anti-Virus, VPN, FTP, Adobe, Cisco Jabber, ServiceNow etc.).
- Experience using SCCM or MS Intune (MDT/OSD) for imaging PCs.
- Experience of supporting offsite end users via remote support tool. (LogMeIn Rescue and Configuration Manager).
- Experience troubleshooting Macintosh OSX.
- Experience with PowerShell and Scripting.
- Experience supporting mobile devices (iPad, Android, Apple iOS).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange mailbox management.
- Strong customer service and excellent communication skills along with the ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve problems.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment with short timelines. Ability to maintain high quality of work while supporting multiple critical projects.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!