Student Success Advisor
Walden University, an Adtalem Global Education institution, supports a diverse community of adult learners from across the U.S. and other countries, who seek to achieve their academic goals and make positive, lasting social change in their professions and communities. Walden is a B Corporation with a mission to provide a diverse community of career professionals who have the opportunity to transform themselves as scholar-practitioners to positively affect social change. Walden offers more than 100 online degree and certificate programs, for students pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral or certificate. Walden University has graduated more than 174,000 students and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Visit WaldenU.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Opportunity at a Glance
Advisor, Student Success facilitate student success by defining and implementing proactive strategies that help students stay on track to fulfill their educational goals. Advisors build supportive and personalized relationships with students, manage their day-to-day expectations, and provide them with opportunities to stay connected to our online community. They advise students on university policies and procedures, program and degree requirements, and related academic matters; and work closely with other university support teams to ensure that student inquiries are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Serve as the primary guide to ensure that students stay on track to meet their educational goals.
- Connect with new students upon acceptance of admission to ensure overall readiness and escalate outstanding matters that would affect their ability to have a smooth and successful start.
- Assist students in understanding and completing degree requirements.
- Assist students with appropriate course registration.
- Advise students on university policies and procedures, program requirements and related academic matters.
- Provide comprehensive outreach to students who are at risk of not meeting satisfactory academic progress.
- Closely monitor students to proactively identify at-risk scenarios and identify opportunities to develop, implement, measure and improve academic success strategies.
- Work closely with university staff to ensure that student inquiries are strategically coordinated and addressed in a timely manner, while supporting academic integrity and University policies.
- Cognitively guide students to develop accountability for their decisions and an understanding of how those decisions impact their success.
- Provide students with proactive guidance on acclimating to their new graduate lifestyle and building supportive personal environments and best practices to facilitate their student success.
- Empower students to maintain effective connections to the University and its online community of learners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 3+ years experience working in a service-oriented environment or university setting.
- Must have a strong commitment to education and have the counseling or coaching skills required to effectively keep online students on track.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request through resolution.
- Effectively work with multiple databases and student platforms.
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Creative, innovative, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Familiarity with online learning and Internet technology a plus.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $18.15 and $32.86. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!