Senior Program Coordinator
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Ross University School of Medicine is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. The organization’s purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, Ross is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 12,000 alumni, Ross is an important contributor to healthcare in North America. Students complete their foundational studies in Bridgetown, Barbados before completing their clinical training in one of Ross’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States.
Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM) is seeking a Senior Program Coordinator who will be based in Los Angeles, CA working on-site at California Hospital Medical Center (CHMC). This position will work directly with CHMC and our medical students to ensure students are credentialed and ready to start their clinical clerkships. The Senior Program Coordinator will work closely with CHMC's administration on student orientation, and the collection/processing of all required student documentation and evaluations.
- Processes student documents for core and elective rotations at California Hospital Medical Center.
- Reviews student health records including health assessment and immunization records to meet California Hospital Medical Center requirements. Active follow-up on outstanding documents needed to begin clerkships at California Hospital Medical Center. Works with California Hospital Medical Center Coordinator’s to ensure all RUSM students are credentialed and can begin clinical clerkships.
- Submits all requisite paperwork to California Hospital Medical Center and participating hospitals.
- Provides valuable customer service to clinical students at California Hospital Medical Center via in-person meetings or via phone/email. Uses the Banner, Salesforce, and performs general data entry procedures on all Ross systems.
- Assesses the accuracy and completeness of Clinical Clerkship Evaluation Forms received from California Hospital Medical Center.
- Prepare and assist with student orientation. Assists in proctoring the National Medical Board Examinations.
- Prepare and send out all necessary correspondence with RUSM students
- Gives timely feedback on emerging student needs and supports the development of innovative solutions to meet them, working closely with the clinical advisement team in solving unique and complex problems with broad impact to student satisfaction.
- Documents appropriate procedures, instructions, and rules to share knowledge and create standards for operations at California Hospital Medical Center.
- Collaborates with other key stakeholders such as the Associate Dean of Academic and Student Operations, Manager of Hospital Partnerships and Compliance, Hospital Liaison and other key stakeholders,
- Works closely with California Hospital.
- May assist in orientation, student documentation and other duties for other hospitals in the Illinois area.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in education, social science, or a health care related field.
- Two (2) years prior experience in education or a field related to counseling or customer service.
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet applications, database software, and SCT Banner highly desirable.
- Familiarity with NBME, ECFMG/USMLE guidelines and other pertinent policies and procedures necessary for licensure of international medical graduates (IMGs) desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent negotiation, decision making, and time management competence.
- A team player, respectful of others and capable of working well with a wide variety of personalities.
- The ability to travel to various campuses as needed domestically and internationally
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $18.15 and $32.86. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.