Registrar Advisor - (Hybrid)
About American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), an Adtalem Global Education institution, is committed to training tomorrow’s physicians through international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. AUC is one of the most established medical schools in the Caribbean and focuses on community collaboration to benefit the health and well-being of the local communities, while enhancing the student learning experience. With campuses located in Sint Maarten and the United Kingdom, AUC has graduated more than 7,500 students and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine.
Visit aucmed.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Location: Remote - South Florida*
*Applicants must reside within 50 miles of our Miramar, FL office location - all others will not be considered for this position.
The Registrar Advisor is responsible for counseling students regarding University policies and procedures related to enrollment, records and registration, grades, USMLE registration and processing, graduation and providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Also responsible for processing a high volume of student information through the Banner student information system and RightNow CRM. All of these responsibilities require a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and a moderate level of independent judgment and discretion.
- Answers phone calls and responds to and resolves incidents utilizing various proprietary software such as a student information system, imaging systems, customer relationship management software or other related software (e.g. Banner, Salesforce, ImageNow, DocuSign).
- Counsels’ students regarding University policies and procedures regarding enrollment, records and registration and provides excellent customer service.
- Performs degree audits, which involves the review of a student’s academic records to ensure that the student has met all requirements for the degree. Tracks degree audit status and updates student’s record in Banner when degree is awarded.
- Communicates with student regarding the status of graduation application and degree audit and counsels them regarding any outstanding requirements or issues. Receives, processes and mails diplomas to students.
- Grades Medical Clinical evaluations as they are received from affiliate and non-affiliate hospitals and posts the grades in Banner and other associated software/student information system.
- Analyzes affiliate transcripts and evaluations for students and posts courses and grades in Banner.
- Processes reinstatement applications, leaves of absences, dismissals and withdrawals in Banner, which involves interpreting and applying University policies and communicating decisions to students.
- Updates Medical & Clinical students’ statuses in Banner per weekly and periodic reports and sends proactive notifications to students regarding status changes.
- Enters NBME Comprehensive Exam and USMLE Step scores in Banner as they are received.
- Processes ECFMG Form for Medical Clinical students and certifies them on EMSWP.
- Participates in bi-monthly enrollment reporting process.
- Analyzes data from Banner and other sources and reports current and historical enrollment information on a student-by-student basis. Requires a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Processes student letters of intent and mails them to third parties per students’ requests.
- Calculates and tracks student grade point averages and class ranks and they move into the Clinical curriculum.
- Processes transcripts for Medical and Clinical students as necessary.
- Registers students in Banner.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned by the Associate Registrar and/or University Registrar.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 1 Minimum of years of customer service experience Required and
- Higher education experience, preferably in an enrollment or records setting (Registrar or Admissions), Strongly Preferred
- Familiarity with Registrar best practices related to degree auditing and other records and registration policies and procedures Strongly Preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy are required
- Ability to make decisions independently and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a quick learner in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office and database applications.
- Knowledge of student information systems, preferably Banner, a plus.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected pay range for this position is between $16.65 and $27.36 per hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.