Walden University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE). More than 50 years ago, Walden University was founded to support adult learners in achieving their academic goals and making a greater impact in their professions and communities. Students from across the U.S. and more than 115 countries are pursuing a certificate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree online at Walden. The university offers more than 100 online degree and certificate programs. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, hlcommission.org.
For more information, please visit WaldenU.edu and WaldenFacts.com.
Adtalem Global Education believes in a culture of collaboration, creativity, and innovation, which thrives when we can work flexibly.
- HYBRID – If you reside within 50 miles of Adtalem offices in Chicago, IL, Addison, IL, Columbia, MD, Minneapolis, MN, and Miramar, FL this role is hybrid, requiring office presence three days a week (Tue, Wed, Thu), with the rest of the workweek spent working from home.
Opportunity at a Glance
This role is situated within a Learning and Development team that supports student-facing colleagues within Walden’s Enrollment, Advising, and Customer Care teams. The Instructional Designer role is responsible for designing and creating engaging and compelling learning activities and content in conjunction with key stakeholders. This role requires extensive collaboration among colleagues within the team and stakeholders across many areas of the organization. This role requires extensive collaboration between content, course development, and educational technology colleagues and teams to apply best practices of instructional design to create high-quality and innovative courses for our colleagues. The Instructional Designer will also develop and disseminate course design standards, provide course-level and/or project-level management support to development efforts, and measure and analyze course effectiveness and usability across the curriculum.
- Conduct needs assessment, identify learner gaps, analyze data, and make recommendations for content enhancements and/or improvements to further increase learner engagement and close learner gaps.
- Consults with stakeholders to recommend the most effective instructional design strategies, grounded in principles of adult learning theory and innovative best practices for design.
- Works closely with curriculum authors and subject matter experts to develop storyboards and related instructional elements for incorporation into the courses.
- Designs and develops storyboards and media concepts related to instructional elements.
- Collaborates with Learning and Development colleagues in developing tools and templates for instructional development.
- Collaborates with course development colleagues in developing, continually refining, and disseminating standards and best practices for instructional design and development of instructional media.
- Researches and stays current with emerging educational technologies.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor's Degree Educational Technology, Instructional Design, Education (degree or credential) Required.
- Masters degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction, or related preferred.
- 3+ years of experience designing online and/or blended courses, preferably in a higher education context Required.
- Demonstrated experience implementing instructional design principles and best practices into content development, preferably for distance learning Required.
- Experience working with faculty to design, deliver, implement and maintain curriculum projects. Required.
- Experience conducting needs assessments, analyzing data, learning outcome assessments, and using data to make recommendations. Required
- Experience incorporating technology and media to enhance instruction and improve learning Required.
- Experience with current and emerging learning, communication, and collaboration technologies Required.
- Demonstrated proficiency creating engaging, effective online courses and learning resources/materials using Articulate 360, Rise, InDesign, Storyline, or similar"
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and personal accountability
- Consultative approach to problem solving.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to grasp complex subject matter and synthesize information quickly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and professional deadline-driven environment with many projects and initiatives.
- Be highly motivated and be comfortable making decisions and judgment calls on content development.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $51962.03 and $93918.96. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
Equal Opportunity – Minority / Female / Disability / V / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation