Dean, Academic Affairs - Nursing
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 23 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Empowering. Influential. Inspiring. Passionate….these are the leadership traits required of our Dean, Academic Affairs. If these traits describe you and you bring strong academic nursing experience, we would like you to play a lead role in our BSN program based on our Las Vegas campus. In this role, you will engage, guide and lead the management, delivery and continuity of our academic nursing program. You will shape and mentor collaborative teams including Faculty, an Academic Success team, the Skills Lab, and experiential learning models. You will ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered to meet the college's objectives. Chamberlain's customized, unique Care-Student Success model helps us achieve our mission to provide the best student experience possible. You will help to assure our students are provided the support services required to maintain the highest levels of student achievement and retention without compromising the integrity of the educational process.
- Provide oversight and be accountable for multiple campus locations to ensure curricular and program outcomes are evaluated, monitored and achieved.
- Ensure development of a cohesive, cross-functional campus/alliance academic team with specific objectives and appropriate action planning as necessary.
- Chair the implementation of the institution's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes and course objectives through classroom, clinical teaching and service to the College and nursing community.
- Orchestrate leadership and encouragement to nursing faculty including determining and assigning appropriate faculty workloads.
- Advise in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified nursing faculty.
- Ensure faculty leadership orients/onboards and provides regular evaluation/feedback on teaching and learning best practices.
- Collaborate with campus Associate Deans to assign and approve faculty schedules and accountability measures for workload management.
- Develop plans for projects and goals in collaboration with national academic committees.
- Collaborate with academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Demonstrate leadership and accountability for strategy development in coordination with national academic support teams for student success including, student persistence, graduation rates, first-time NCLEX-RN pass rates, curriculum delivery and student satisfaction and is accountable for the development of action plans to meet and maintain Chamberlain University’s standards.
- Ensure that campus academic teams (student learning and faculty) access and complete course assessment data in collaboration with national academic teams each session.
- Ensure that campus academic teams (student learning and faculty) are appropriately using course resources in onboarding and ongoing development of campus academic teams.
- Create a well-defined plan for each campus/alliance for FCAC participation, monitoring, and reporting of updates.
- Collaborate in the development and demonstrate accountability to final outcomes of annual budgets for both academic operations areas, including FT/VP faculty position and workload management, laboratory supplies/budgeting, cost of instruction, and other areas.
- Serve as a resource, mentor and policy interpreter for alliance academic leaders, faculty and students.
- Initiate leadership in the development and maintenance of new programs and/or program expansion.
- Positively represent Chamberlain University to professional groups, organizations and the community at large, as well as to the organization.
- Empower a positive environment for our faculty, staff and students by modeling a care-based attitude.
- Comply with all policies and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in nursing required, Doctorate Degree preferred.
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- 5 years of full-time experience in nursing education required, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, conflict resolution and computer skills.
- Ability to lead, direct and advise both faculty and students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
- Strength to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Current unencumbered licensure as an RN or a multi-state privilege to practice nursing in the Commonwealth/State.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $97,000 and $160,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits
You are also eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.