Clinical Operations Liaison
Ross University School of Medicine is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. The organization’s purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, Ross is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 12,000 alumni, Ross is an important contributor to healthcare in North America. Students complete their foundational studies in Bridgetown, Barbados before completing their clinical training in one of Ross’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States.
Opportunity at a Glance
Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM) is seeking a Clinical Operations Liaison. This position is based at our Miramar, FL location reporting to the Associate Dean of Clinical Sciences. S/he has the responsibility for communicating changes in policies/procedures that impact clinical academics or operations. The position provides a wide range of administration, general support of a highly responsible and confidential nature. The position will have regular exposure to confidential material and requires a great deal of professionalism, discretion and integrity in dealing with internal and external contacts. This role also calls for project coordination, report generation and collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders, including C-Suite executives, Hospital Partners, and Board Members. This position must reside in Miramar, FL.
- Responsible for communicating key information from hospital affiliates to both the academic and operational stakeholders at the direction of manager.
- Maintains a database of clinical faculty and assists faculty appointment and promotion committee (FAPC) with documentation for appointment of new faculty.
- Responsible for partnering with Hospital Partnerships team in setting up clinical chair site visits and being the point of contact for Clinical Chairs on these visits. Manages site visit logistics for hospital partner visits involving senior leaders, physicians and hospital executives and students.
- Works with the Office of Academic Analytics to prepare and package reporting information for RUSM Clinical Chairs and Clerkship Directors for site visits.
- Escalation point for issues that are directed to the Associate Dean of Clinical Sciences. Works closely on any operational issues that need to be resolved.
- Liaise with Campus Operations lead in Barbados to ensure completion of assigned projects.
- Anticipate the needs and use discretion when setting priorities to keep the senior leaders updated and aware of meetings, agendas, travel, upcoming events, incoming emails and letters, situations relating to the administrative office, campuses, and colleagues. Manages the leader’s calendar and contact database to schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, order office supplies/equipment, prepare expense statements, reserve and prepare facilities and catering when needed.
- Records minutes and circulates action items for Committee meetings and follows-up with task owners to ensure timely completion.
- Prepare high level documentation and advanced correspondence for presentation to the Members of the Board and/or Dean’s Cabinet.
- Offers support and assistance to other departments and colleagues as needed for special projects and/or events.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Master's Degree Preferred
- Relevant experience in medical education preferred
- Strong customer service experience required
- Candidates must possess hands-on and versatile leadership qualities and the ability to manage change in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be well organized and efficient
- Candidates must possess a high level of professionalism and have excellent communication, inter-personal skills and demonstrate the ability to foster collaboration across diverse groups of constituents, including students, faculty, management, system developers, and other staff.
- Candidates must have strong analytical project management and organizational skills around business process improvements, change management and systems improvement, and the performance of database queries/searches to produce reports and analyses.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $47,955 and $68341. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!