Clinical Associate Dean of Faculty, Online BSN Program
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Chamberlain University, an Adtalem Global Education institution, continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education through a growing community of over 100,000 alumni who are making an impact in their communities around the world. Chamberlain has the largest school of nursing in the U.S. and is the leading grantor of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degrees to underrepresented minority students in the country. The university is committed to addressing the national nursing shortage through the development of innovative programs to ensure nurses are practice ready as they step into the workforce. Chamberlain is comprised of the College of Nursing, with online and campus-based programs, and the College of Health Professions, offering a variety of bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs. Chamberlain University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Visit chamberlain.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
The Associate Dean of Faculty directs and provides leadership for all online BSN faculty and academic staff to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner that achieves superior student outcomes.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified faculty and staff, monitors and evaluates their ongoing performance.
- Administers the implementation and assessment of nursing program curricula on the campus with coordination/collaboration of the national academic teams.
- Ensures learning experiences align with the BSN curriculum and collaborates with national team to support implementation.
- Collaborates with national academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Creates plans for student success in all learning areas, including student retention, graduation rates, NCLEX pass rates as well as student satisfaction and works with collaboratively with the local and national partners to achieve superior student outcomes.
- Ensures that course resources and course assessment data are evaluated each session and inform recommendations for campus student success plans.
- Support faculty with timely and effective implementation of changes that address evolving needs of students and ensure delivery of course and/or program outcomes
- Ensure faculty are oriented & accountable to teaching and learning best practices through regular evaluation/feedback.
- Serves as a faculty and staff mentor in areas of academic excellence, customer service, collaboration with local and national partners communication and professionalism.
- Create and monitor a well-defined process for campus faculty participation expectations in national course advisory councils, ensuring that the faculty are providing feedback and making curriculum delivery decisions.
- Solicits recommendations from faculty and staff for academic budget.
- Supports faculty and clinical coordination teams for clinical placement of nursing students to meet program objectives.
- Ensures regular meetings of the faculty and comprehensive academic team to facilitate communication and faculty participation in planning, implementing and evaluating the curriculum.
- Assigning faculty and academic team workloads
- Collaborates with campus leadership and national partners to prepare capital requests for learning areas as necessary.
- Supports national academic team in consistent execution of core CAS programs and developing local programing (when necessary) to support student success.
- Collaborates with national library staff for management of local holdings.
- Monitors and analyzes student academic success data to identify recommendations to improve delivery of curriculum and engage student success interventions.
- Will be responsible for teaching up to three courses per year.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Master's Degree in nursing required. Doctorate degree in nursing or credit towards doctorate degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience in nursing education at the Bachelor level or above
- Development/participation in simulation/clinical experience.
- Previous Clinical Coordination and Skills Lab Experience preferred.
- Travel once a semester to Skills Immersion experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Above average competency in Microsoft Suite of products.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: student, faculty and staff. Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to lead, direct and advise clinical faculty and clinical coordinators.
- Unencumbered professional nursing licensure.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $68,637.22 and $124,230.14. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.