Academic Support Advisor
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
About Chamberlain University
Chamberlain University, an Adtalem Global Education institution, continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education through a growing community of over 100,000 alumni who are making an impact in their communities around the world. Chamberlain has the largest school of nursing in the U.S. and is the leading grantor of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degrees to underrepresented minority students in the country. The university is committed to addressing the national nursing shortage through the development of innovative programs to ensure nurses are practice ready as they step into the workforce. Chamberlain is comprised of the College of Nursing, with online and campus-based programs, and the College of Health Professions, offering a variety of bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs. Chamberlain University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Visit chamberlain.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Opportunity at a Glance
The Academic Support Advisor I role is responsible for promoting student success through accurate and responsive advisement in the areas of academics, registration, persistence, and the student experience. Advisors are responsible for building a supportive environment that assists students to achieve their education goals by providing excellent customer service while identifying student needs and mentoring students to resolve potential academic issues. Advisors will also work closely with other university support teams to ensure that student inquiries are addressed in a timely and effective manner. The Academic Support Advisor I role functions as a role model for our TEACH values and fosters a culture of Chamberlain CARE consistent with our mission, vision, and purpose.
- Assist students with appropriate course registration and ensure students understand degree requirements.
- Advocate for the advising needs of students that contribute to their successful enrollment, engagement, and completion of their educational goals.
- Advise students on university policies and procedures, program requirements, and related academic matters.
- Closely monitor students to proactively identify at-risk scenarios and identify opportunities to develop, implement, measure, and improve academic success strategies.
- Utilize appropriate systems and student data to confirm and track accurate enrollment, persistence, and graduation information for assigned students. Documents all interactions in the appropriate institutional systems.
- Coach students to explore alternatives to overcome barriers to persistence or graduation and makes appropriate resource referrals when necessary.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all academic programs, policies and procedures including institutional policies, federal, and state regulations. Complies with applicable federal and state.
- Promote student self-service tools during advising interactions.
- Assist and engage students through a variety of communication This may include virtual/ video advising, inbound student calls, and proactive outreach to students to deliver a positive resolution.
- Identify opportunities and solutions that improve current methods and actively participate in the change of a constantly evolving organization.
- Collaborate with other departments and functional areas to deliver an optimal student
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 1+ year of experience in Higher Education is desirable Preferred
- Outstanding customer service skills with 1+ years of customer service, academic advising, or related experience required
- Ability to work a variety of office hours including evenings and weekends
- High level of interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize effectively
- PC skills in Microsoft Office, internet applications, and database Experience with Student Information Systems a plus
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $18.15 and $32.86. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.