Student Finance Advisor
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
About Adtalem Global Education
Adtalem Global Education is a national leader in post-secondary education and leading provider of professional talent to the healthcare industry. Adtalem educates and empowers students with the knowledge and skills to become leaders in their communities and make a lasting impact on public health, well-being and beyond. Through equitable access to education, environments that nurture student success, and a focus on expanding and diversifying the talent pipeline in healthcare, Adtalem is building a brighter future for communities and the world.
Adtalem was named one of America’s Most Responsible Companies in 2021 and 2023 by Newsweek and Statista, and one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity in 2021 and 2022 by Forbes and Statista. Adtalem’s family of institutions has more than 300,000 alumni and 10,000 employees. Adtalem is the parent organization of American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Chamberlain University, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine and Walden University.
Visit Adtalem.com for more information, and follow on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Opportunity at a Glance
The role is responsible for promoting student success through accurate and responsive advisement in student finance and service-related areas, providing support and advocacy as needed for students throughout the student lifecycle. This position is responsible and accountable for the advisement of students within their group and serving as a primary point of contact for the student(s) within their assigned portfolio. Supports students with Financial Aid advising and awareness of overall financial literacy to succeed in their educational goals. Function as a role model for our TEACH values and fosters a culture of CARE consistent with our mission, vision, and purpose.
- Supports the new student intake process by working with admissions to answer incoming student questions, provide a thorough review of program and student costs, and outline all possible options to fund their education.
- Create and confirm an accurate financial plan by establishing timeframes to complete any application process to be financially prepared to start and stay in school. Continuously reviews student accounts to advise students on their financial eligibility.
- Responsible for maintaining student satisfaction through facilitation of inbound and outbound phone calls, emails, and SMS communication with students and internal stakeholders to Student Finance
- Using a high level of discretion and independent judgment continuously evaluates the financial plans throughout the student lifecycle and makes appropriate adjustments to ensure successful student outcomes.
- Utilizes appropriate systems and student data to confirm and track accurate enrollment, persistence, and graduation information for assigned students.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents all interactions in the appropriate institutional systems.
- Analyzes student data to identify triggers, indicating a need for proactive outreach to understand challenges and successes better. Coaches students to explore alternatives to overcome barriers to persistence or graduation. Makes appropriate resource referrals when necessary.
- Collaborates with other departments and functional areas to deliver an optimal student experience from inquiry to graduation.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all Title IV programs, policies, and procedures, including institutional and international, federal, and state regulations. Complies with applicable international, federal, and state laws.
- Identifies opportunities and solutions that improve current methods and actively participates in the change of a constantly evolving organization. Promote student self-service tools during advising sessions and new student orientation.
- Engages students through a variety of communication channels. This may include video advising, inbound student calls, and proactive outreach to students to deliver first contact resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Outstanding customer service skills with 1+ years of customer service or related experience Required and
- 1 year years of experience in Higher Education Preferred and
- Experience with Student Financial Aid software application Preferred
- Ability to work a variety of office hours, including evenings, weekends, and travel as needed
- High level of interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize effectively
- PC skills in Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and database software.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain systems access to the NSLDS system (must not be in default of Title IV Federal aid)
- Self-motivated and willing to take ownership of and quickly resolve complex issues
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $18.15 and $32.86. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.