Senior Data Engineer
Adtalem Global Education is a national leader in post-secondary education and leading provider of professional talent to the healthcare industry. Adtalem educates and empowers students with the knowledge and skills to become leaders in their communities and make a lasting impact on public health, well-being and beyond. Through equitable access to education, environments that nurture student success, and a focus on expanding and diversifying the talent pipeline in healthcare, Adtalem is building a brighter future for communities and the world.
Adtalem was named one of America’s Most Responsible Companies in 2021 and 2023 by Newsweek and Statista, and one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity in 2021 and 2022 by Forbes and Statista. Adtalem’s family of institutions has more than 300,000 alumni and 10,000 employees. Adtalem is the parent organization of American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Chamberlain University, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine and Walden University.
Visit Adtalem.com for more information, and follow on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- HYBRID – If you reside within 50 miles of Adtalem offices in Chicago, IL, Addison, IL, Columbia, MD, Minneapolis, MN, and Miramar, FL this role is hybrid, requiring office presence three days a week (Tue, Wed, Thu), with the rest of the workweek spent working from home.
Adtalem is a data driven organization. The Data Engineering team builds data solutions that powers strategic and tactical business decisions and supports the Analytics and Artificial Intelligence operations. By implementing the data platform, data pipelines and data governance policies this team provides the basis for decision-making in Adtalem. Adtalem is looking for a Senior Data Engineer who is a technical powerhouse who can scale our data platform to meet ever growing business needs.
- Work closely with various business, IT, Analyst and Data Science groups to collect business requirements.
- Design, develop, deploy and support high performance data pipelines both inbound and outbound.
- Optimize data pipelines for performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Implement CI/CD pipelines to ensure continuous deployment and delivery of our data products.
- Ensure quality of critical data element, prepare data quality remediation plans and collaborate with business and system owners to fix the quality issues at its root.
- Document the design and support strategy of the data pipelines.
- Capture, store and socialize data lineage and operational metadata.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data engineering issues as they arise.
- Develop REST APIs to expose data to other teams within the company.
- Mentor and guide junior data engineers.
- Six (6) plus years of experience in building data lakes and cloud data platforms
- Experience working with GCP technologies like BigQuery, Composer, GCS, DataStream, Dataflows
- Expert knowledge on SQL and Python programming
- Experience working with Airflow as workflow management tools and build operators to connect, extract and ingest data as needed.
- Experience in tuning queries for performance and scalability
- Experience in Real Time Data Ingestion using GCP PubSub, Kafka, Spark or similar.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and analytical abilities
- Have proven experience working in incremental execution through successful launches.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex data issues affecting the business environment.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $82,364.67 and $149,076.17. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
You are also eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Equal Opportunity – Minority / Female / Disability / V / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation