Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nursing Faculty (Part-Time)
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 23 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Opportunity at a Glance
Chamberlain College of Nursing has immediate need for qualified Clinical Faculty (part-time) to teach in our Phoenix AZ. Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. We work with clinical partners in the Central, East and West Valley areas of Phoenix. #on-site
No teaching experience is required, nurses with solid clinical experience and a completed MSN are encouraged to apply!
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your nurse educator experience, joining the largest nursing school in the nation with more than 130 years of history educating nurses.
Clinical teaching is typically scheduled for one shift per week for an 8-week session at a clinical partner site, our current needs are for weekdays.
Emphasis is on the dynamics of an individual’s ability to function in society. The course focuses on content relative to anxiety, self-concept, thought disorders, mood alterations, addictive behaviors, organic brain dysfunction, abuse, and violence issues.
- Implements the College's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching, and service to the College, community, health system and profession.
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads.
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- Makes self-available to staff at the agencies.
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level of performance based on course objectives.
- Is available for remediation of students as required or needed.
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel.
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with student's knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs.
- Corrects and returns homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of the programs and the College.
- May teach didactic course content under supervision of course coordinator.
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns.
- Works with college administration, staff and other faculty members to improve the overall operation of the college and student satisfaction rates.
- Participates in the implementation of the College Assessment Program, campus retention efforts, and both departmental and campus policies.
- Serves as a professional role model for other faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, dress, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory rules and standards.
- Reports to the dean or assistant dean: a course coordinator will also provide direct oversight.
- Handles related duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Master of Science in Nursing (from a regionally accredited college or university)
- An unencumbered Arizona nursing license
- Minimum of two years experience within last five years in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse.
- Teaching or precepting experience is preferred but not required
- Have genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
Chamberlain Visiting Professor Position - Campus:
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected compensation rate for this position is between $1,120 per assignment to $7,245 per assignment, depending on the candidate’s education and experience.
Actual pay may be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as type of course taught; experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!