About Ross University School of Medicine
Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), an Adtalem Global Education institution, expands access and opportunity to students on the path to becoming skilled physicians who are determined to make an impact in global communities. RUSM has graduated more than 15,000 alumni who practice in the U.S. and Canada. Located in Barbados, RUSM promotes equitable educational access through the Access and Inclusion in Medicine (AIM) Scholars Program to advance equity in healthcare through diversity and inclusion and to directly impact undeserved communities by decreasing health disparities in the U.S. RUSM is accredited by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions.
Visit medical.rossu.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
RUSM has a strong commitment to technology enhanced learning, utilizing learner centered classrooms with technology enhanced learning methods.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated familiarity with incorporating modern teaching tools and technology in their instruction
- Familiarity with electronic platforms used in academic content delivery and educational apps such as Zoom, Interdashboard, Turning Point, Doceri, NearPod, Socrates Kahoot and /or other learning applications.
- Familiarity with mobile learning, use of ipads in teaching, creation of ibooks would be an asset
- Prepare course material (handouts, practice questions, etc.)
- Deliver effective lectures and workshops
- Facilitate small group learning opportunities
- Work one on one with our highly motivated students
- Advise individuals or groups of students in academic matters and exercise professional judgment in referring students to appropriate personnel
- Cooperate with our Academy for Teaching and Learning in supporting improved student learning
- Write and review NBME-style questions for practice and assessments
- Prepare, administer and evaluate examinations to assess the development of student accomplishments
- Develop and improve instructional materials and teaching techniques
- Participate in on-going reviews and revision of curriculum, particularly with departmental colleagues
- Actively participate in relevant professional activities in order to improve both teaching and subject matter competence
- Serve on faculty committees as appointed or elected, and confer with advisory groups in order to modify course content
- Experience or ability to adapt to delivering interactive instruction from a remote location
- Initiates, facilitates, and moderates Case and Problem Based Learning discussions
- Participate in other activities as assigned by the Department Chair or Executive Dean
- Complies with all policies and standards
- MD or equivalent degree
- Pathology board certification or eligibility
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Flexibility and ability to work well on a team
- Desire for self-improvement
- Prior teaching experience at a North American or United Kingdom medical school preferred
- Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques, materials and equipment used in postsecondary teaching/medical education preferred
- Documented record of teaching effectiveness desirable
- Educational technology skills, including use of e-learning management systems, audience response systems, online examinations, videoconferencing, desirable
- Ability to demonstrate ongoing faculty development in medical education desirable
- Ability to demonstrate use of active teaching methods preferred
- Ability to initiate, complete, and present results of medical education research projects desirable
Please include cover letter with application
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.