Nursing Simulation and Education Specialist
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 23 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Are you ready to make the leap into nursing academics? Do you have a passion for shaping the next generation of nursing students by advocating for their success? Chamberlain University is looking for a Nurse Student Learning Specialist to assist students with the mastery of material including didactic and clinical learning concepts, as well as patient care simulations. This role is similar to a tutor or a campus-based hospital preceptor and is great for nurses who want to gain higher education and academic experience with the possibility of transitioning into a faculty role in the future. Collaborating with academic partners, faculty and staff, the Specialist provides strategies and academic reinforcement to students throughout their academic program and as they prepare for success with the NCLEX-RN exam. Working with students individually and in small groups, the Specialist assesses learning styles, identifies strengths, and discovers opportunities for academic development. Specialists create and implement personalized remediation plans for our students as they prepare for academic and professional success. In addition, the Specialist supports all clinical learning lab and simulated patient care learning experiences for students. This is a full-time on-campus position located in Irwindale, CA.
- Supports instruction, remediation and evaluation in didactic and clinical learning concepts including patient care
- Demonstrates current, detailed, accurate knowledge of concepts tested by the NCLEX-RN as well as currency in nursing practice to provide academic
- Demonstrates current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of University programs and accurately communicates academic policies and regulations to
- Demonstrates effective behaviors and accountability in meeting the following standards of service excellence to students, fellow team members, and external agencies: Friendliness and courtesy, professional environment, effective communication, and first class service
- Communicates and documents (reporting) students’ academic and co-curricular progress toward achievement of student and program learning outcomes to academic leadership
- Prepares and maintains labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, media, computers, and materials needed to replicate a simulated healthcare setting.
- Collaborates with course coordinators and faculty to ensure preparation of lab supplies and equipment based on faculty requests and course schedules
- Assists in developing and implementing detailed clinically- based scenarios for the simulated learning experiences, including use of high-fidelity patient simulators.
- Operates and maintains computerized and non-computerized simulation
- Contributes to and attends national academic and clinical learning conferences (either University or External Organizations/Associations.
- Coordinates and supervises lab experiences to ensure that students have the opportunity to meet course objectives.
- Provides individual oversight to students during practice and/or remediation of technical nursing skills as requested by course
- Participates in planning and scheduling learning spaces for students and faculty by ensuring open lab and structured lab utilization times are available, communicated, and appropriately resourced.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing Required and
- Master's Degree in Education Preferred or
- Nursing Preferred
- 1 year year experience in an academic environment supporting classroom instruction or specialized tutoring support Preferred
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate via telephone, computer, and in person.
- Unencumbered RN license Required and
- BLS CPR Required and
- BLS CPR instructor certification; Required and
- ACLS and /or PALS Preferred
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $54,931 and $99,192. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
Equal Opportunity – Minority / Female / Disability / V / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation