MSN Core Faculty
About Walden University
Walden University, an Adtalem Global Education institution, supports a diverse community of adult learners from across the U.S. and other countries, who seek to achieve their academic goals and make positive, lasting social change in their professions and communities. Walden is a B Corporation with a mission to provide a diverse community of career professionals who have the opportunity to transform themselves as scholar-practitioners to positively affect social change. Walden offers more than 100 online degree and certificate programs, for students pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral or certificate. Walden University has graduated more than 174,000 students and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Visit WaldenU.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Opportunity at a Glance
Walden University is a pioneer in student-centered distance education. An accredited institution with a mission for social change, Walden is dedicated to high academic standards and helping students make a difference in their professions, organizations, and communities. Walden University offers advanced degrees online to professionals whose work impacts others. Degree programs include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, and public administration. Our challenging programs are designed to help students make a difference in the lives of children, the health of communities, or the success of an organization. Faculty members educate Walden University students by effectively and proficiently using online technology and resources so that knowledge, information, feedback, and critique are imparted to and shared with students in timely, thoughtful, carefully formulated, and well written communications. This is accomplished in an environment that is respectful of students, the Faculty Member, Walden University, and the discipline in which the Faculty Member is involved. Faculty Members are expected to adhere to all Walden University Faculty expectations, which are clearly set forth to the Faculty Member at the start of his/her employment with the University.
- Course Teaching Faculty Members are assigned courses and are responsible for interacting with students within the university’s learning management system.
- Discussion Boards for classrooms are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Although postings to the classroom may be done at any time of day, they must be completed in a timely manner in accordance with the Faculty Handbook or other criteria established by Walden University.
- Per the faculty handbook, responses to student questions must be posted within 48 hours.
- Faculty Members are required to verify the accuracy of student postings and submissions and to provide feedback and grades to students.
- Availability Walden expects faculty to be reasonably accessible to students.
- Faculty members are expected to be available to students outside the course discussion board and in addition to providing substantive feedback on assignments and postings.
- Faculty members will publish their availability to students through course syllabi, instructor information in the classroom, and/or other appropriate documents.
- The university suggests regular and predictable availability, such as online office hours or regular online chats.
- Residencies Core Faculty (Full Time) may be required to attend Residencies, where they will teach intensives and colloquia, and facilitate school and university-wide discussions.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Faculty Members may be required to chair and/or participate on thesis/dissertation committees.
- Some Faculty Members are also involved in supervising field training and skill development courses.
- Faculty Members may be asked to serve on faculty governance or academic policy committees, and, in general, participate in other ways to strengthen the academic reputation of Walden University.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- PhD Earned doctorate in the field of study or closely related field.
- 3 Three or more years of teaching experience at the degree level of the program
- Candidates should possess a significant record of intellectual and professional contributions to the field.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
- Teaching, advising, and mentoring; commitment to the promotion of applied research and the recruitment and development of a diverse faculty; excellent leadership, communication, team, and human relations skills. Experience with distance learning preferred. Preferred
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.
- Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The Faculty Member must be able to use Microsoft Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint), zip software, and Adobe Acrobat and must have reliable Internet access as well as alternate access in cases where primary access becomes unavailable.
- Walden University provides a company-owned laptop for use by core faculty, and they are expected to use this laptop according to the Corporate Computing policy as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $68,637.22 and $124,230.14. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
You are also eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.