Microbiology - Immunology Faculty - Full time - Barbados
Ross University School of Medicine is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. The organization’s purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, Ross is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 12,000 alumni, Ross is an important contributor to healthcare in North America. Students complete their foundational studies in Bridgetown, Barbados before completing their clinical training in one of Ross’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States.
Opportunity at a Glance
Ross University School of Medicine, located in Bridgetown, Barbados, invites applicants for a faculty post to teach in Microbiology (rank to be determined at time of selection).
Preference will be given to applicants who have a particular interest in Immunology and are able to contribute to other areas of microbiology, or disciplines in the basic sciences.
Education is the primary focus of the faculty. The academic year is divided into three semesters with a new class of students admitted each semester. Lectures and other educational responsibilities continue throughout the year. Research opportunities exist, primarily in the area of medical education.
- The preparation of course material (handouts etc.).
- The delivery of effective lectures
- The preparation, administration, marking and reporting of examinations
- Undergo training to qualify as a facilitator in the problem-based learning program
- Supervise educational activities of students under actual or simulated situations
- Prepare instructional plans and career analyses to reflect current changes in the field
- Advise individuals or groups of students in academic matters and exercise professional judgment in referring students to appropriate personnel
- Develop new instructional materials and teaching techniques with participation in on-going reviews and revision of curriculum planning
- Actively participate in relevant professional activities in order to improve teaching and subject matter competence
- Serve on faculty committees as appointed or elected, and confer with advisory groups in order to modify course content
- Prepare, administer and evaluate examinations to assess the development of student accomplishments
- Participate in other activities as assigned by the department chair or executive dean
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- PhD , M.D., or other relevant terminal degree Required
- 5 years of relevant experience Required
- Strong teaching skills and experience or evidence of potential
- Interest in medical education
- Desire for self-improvement
- Flexibility and ability to work well on a team
- Preference will be given to an applicant with proven teaching skills within the areas covered by the department
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to reside in Barbados
*Please include cover letter with application
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.