Graduate Assistant – Statistics Peer Tutor
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Walden University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE). More than 50 years ago, Walden University was founded to support adult learners in achieving their academic goals and making a greater impact in their professions and communities. Students from across the U.S. and more than 115 countries are pursuing a certificate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree online at Walden. The university offers more than 100 online degree and certificate programs. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, hlcommission.org. For more information, please visit WaldenU.edu and WaldenFacts.com.
In this role, the Graduate Assistant-Peer Tutor in Statistics will:
- Provide instructional tutoring to students in statistics via WC Online (the online schedule) and Zoom.
- Correspond with students in a professional and positive manner via the Office’s e-mail role accounts.
- Contribute to ongoing Tutoring Program initiatives related to statistics resources, short video tutorials, instructional documents, and consistent attendance to regular team meetings.
- Commit approximately 40 hours per month (10 hours per week) to this role, including evenings and weekends, to serve needs of a global student body.
- Attend and completed program training and specialized ongoing tutor and content training throughout position tenure.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated experience with SPSS and familiarity with Office 365 suite of programs.
- Superb analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Strong writing skills for corresponding with students via the Center’s e-mail role accounts in clear, grammatically correct replies written in a professional tone.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a current Walden student enrolled in a doctoral program at Walden University.
- Demonstrated expertise and completed graduate-level statistics coursework required.
- 3+ years demonstrated work experience utilizing statistics on a regular basis preferred.
- Superb knowledge of graduate-level statistics, college-level statistics content and courses, and statistics-specific study skills and learning strategies to help minimize adult students’ statistics fears or anxieties.
- Ability to provide positive, constructive feedback to adult students in conversation and in writing.
- Experience teaching or learning in online learning management systems preferred.
- Experience with additional analytical software preferred.
- Ability to adapt to all levels of learners and approach students with different learning strategies to help them develop their statistics skills.
Demonstrate that she/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities .
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.