Graduate Admissions Specialist Hybrid
About American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), an Adtalem Global Education institution, is committed to training tomorrow’s physicians through international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. AUC is one of the most established medical schools in the Caribbean and focuses on community collaboration to benefit the health and well-being of the local communities, while enhancing the student learning experience. With campuses located in Sint Maarten and the United Kingdom, AUC has graduated more than 7,500 students and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine.
Visit aucmed.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Adtalem believes in a culture of collaboration, creativity, and innovation, which thrives when we can work flexibly. Depending on your location, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- HYBRID – If you reside within 50 miles of Adtalem offices in Chicago, IL, Addison, IL, Columbia, MD, Minneapolis, MN, and Miramar, FL this role is hybrid, requiring office presence three days a week (Tue, Wed, Thu), with the rest of the workweek spent working from home.
- REMOTE – If you live over 50 miles from Adtalem offices in Chicago, IL, Addison, IL, Columbia, MD, Minneapolis, MN, and Miramar, FL, this role is remote. However, occasional office visits may be required based on business needs, with advance communication for such requests.
Opportunity at a Glance
The Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions (ADGA) plays a key role in the prospective student experience from inquiry to enrollment. Reporting into the Associate Director of Graduate Admissions, the ADGA is responsible aligning the student experience and partnership with the Admission Operations team with the core outcome of converting high quality prospects for the Adtalem Medical and Veterinary institutions. As a highly skilled, individual contributor, the ADGA is charged with inquiry outreach and generating qualified student inquiries. This includes but is not limited to advising and building relationships with prospective students, interviewing eligible students, providing excellent customer service via email and phone calls, and utilizing Internet applications and student databases. Under the overall direction of the leadership team, the ADGA is charged with implementing new student initiatives including the student ambassador program, new student welcome webinars, and admissions support for each new student cohort for their respective medical or veterinary programs--American University of the Caribbean, Ross University School of Medicine, and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. We expect the ADGA's to be collaborative, high performing in all aspects of role/team and TEACH value ambassadors. In that vein, the ADGA will help all peer colleagues in Student & University Partnerships, Admissions Operations and fellow ADGA's in representing a prospective student process is both successful and compliments our brand.
- Ensures that inquiries, applications, and interviews move with pace and excellence through admissions process.
- Contributes to the growth of the business by guiding prospective students through the University’s enrollment process and assessing potential applicants
- Manages conversion processes and new student conversion ensuring that timelines and expectations are met.
- Conducts Prospective student interviews to create an interview write-up for review by the admissions committee.
- Works with AUC teams to align all new student activities.
- Reaches out to prospective students, answering all questions and providing information about our programs. Speaks well and communicates effectively in all responses.
- Continually works to improve skill set and adheres to coaching provided by team leadership.
- Performs with a “can do”, collaborative and team first mentality across all ATGE Med & Vet Teams.
- Readily offers ideas for continuous improvement in our admissions operations processes.
- Is a problem solver, responsive and Student focused in all endeavors;
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree in business or other directly relevant discipline preferred
- 3 years of successful Admission, Sales or Field Marketing experience Required and
- Experience in the higher education industry preferred
- Proven ability to cultivate a strong relationship with customers, preferably within education.
- Proven track record of motivating or leading a team or strong individual contribution and high potential from within the team and in an Advising capacity.
- Strong communicator, problem solver, brand ambassador and well-organized.
- Collaboration, partnership and optimistic driver is required for success in role.
- Must have a valid passport, a valid driver's license, reliable and appropriate transportation, a clear driving record and a flexible schedule as weekend work and travel is required at time.
- Mission driven, capable of quickly building rapport and inspiring trust, naturally effective when interacting with a wide variety of people in individual and group environments
- Flexible and adaptable, recognized as a team player who enjoys collaboration and sharing successes.
- Computer proficiency utilizing MS Office, database proficiency required.
- Willingness to travel as needed and internationally at times; demonstrated ability to work remotely as necessary.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $51,962.03 and $93,918.96. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
Equal Opportunity – Minority / Female / Disability / V / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation