Director, Equity & Access - Remote
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
About Adtalem Global Education
Adtalem Global Education is a national leader in post-secondary education and leading provider of professional talent to the healthcare industry. Adtalem educates and empowers students with the knowledge and skills to become leaders in their communities and make a lasting impact on public health, well-being and beyond. Through equitable access to education, environments that nurture student success, and a focus on expanding and diversifying the talent pipeline in healthcare, Adtalem is building a brighter future for communities and the world.
Adtalem was named one of America’s Most Responsible Companies in 2021 and 2023 by Newsweek and Statista, and one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity in 2021 and 2022 by Forbes and Statista. Adtalem’s family of institutions has more than 300,000 alumni and 10,000 employees. Adtalem is the parent organization of American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Chamberlain University, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine and Walden University.
Visit Adtalem.com for more information, and follow on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Join us in shaping a more inclusive future! Adtalem Global Education seeks an innovative Director of Equity and Access to champion our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll spearhead compliance with federal and state anti-discrimination laws, ensuring a nurturing environment across all our institutions.
As the Director, you'll maintain a comprehensive understanding of discrimination laws, strategize anti-discrimination compliance programs, and oversee Title IX and ADA/504 initiatives. Your role will foster incident management protocols and collaborate with stakeholders to implement and maintain compliance initiatives, shaping a culture of respect and inclusivity.
Your impact extends to designing prevention training for students and colleagues, monitoring regulatory trends, and ensuring seamless integration of compliance requirements across our verticals. Join us in shaping a more inclusive educational landscape, working collaboratively and traveling for a 30% immersive role in driving positive change. Be part of our dedicated team reshaping education, one inclusive step at a time!
- Maintains an expansive and current understanding of all federal and state anti-discrimination laws, regulations and requirements applicable in higher education.Leads strategic planning and implementation of anti-discrimination compliance programs impacting students across all institutions.
- Develops, delivers and oversees Title IX and ADA/504 compliance programs, including web and technical accessibility, for all ATGE institutions and supervises Title IX and ADA/504 Coordinators.
- Develops standardized incident management practices, including complaint reporting, intake, investigation, and resolution protocols for allegations of discrimination and harassment involving students, to help ensure compliance with federal and state anti-discrimination regulations.
- Collaborates with and external stakeholders, including institution senior leaders and campus administrators, to effectively implement and maintain anti-discrimination compliance initiatives.
- Oversees all discrimination and harassment prevention training for students. Responsible for overseeing education programs for students and colleagues, including state-mandated sexual harassment prevention training for supervisors and other trainings mandated by the state and/or federal government.
- Monitors and disseminates updates on regulatory trends and best practices in higher education related to harassment and other discriminatory practices that violate applicable anti-discrimination laws.
- Works closely with Regulatory Affairs, Global Communications, Global Security, Human Resources and other ATGE verticals to ensure successful implementation of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Monitors internal trends and reports areas of risk to the Vice President and Senior Associate General Counsel and institution stakeholders
- Supports the due diligence function for federal, state and provincial laws and regulations in merger and acquisition activity.
- Position required to travel 30% of time.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Juris Doctor Degree
- 5 years’ experience with a broad range of anti-discrimination regulations, with a proven track record of driving the successful development and implementation of organization-wide compliance programs.
- Prior experience working with Title IX, ADA and Section 504.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to establish and develop positive relationships with senior leaders across ATGE and its institutions. As such, must possess superior communication skills (both written and oral), professionalism, diplomacy, and "active" listening skills.
- Ability to balance a multitude of priorities in a quickly changing environment.
- Strong commitment to enhancing equity and access within post-secondary education.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $97253.99 and $175761.85. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
You are also eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.