Contributing Faculty PhD Industrial/Organizational Program (Remote)
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Walden University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE). More than 50 years ago, Walden University was founded to support adult learners in achieving their academic goals and making a greater impact in their professions and communities. Students from across the U.S. and more than 115 countries are pursuing a certificate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree online at Walden. The university offers more than 100 online degree and certificate programs. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, hlcommission.org. For more information, please visit WaldenU.edu and WaldenFacts.com.
All new Faculty Members receive specific training from Walden University in the techniques teaching, use of an electronic learning platform, specifics of the policies, procedures and degree programs of the School or College in which they are going to teach, socialization into the Walden University culture, assessment of academic integrity of student work (including use of www.turnitin.com), and research supervision of theses and dissertations.
When available, Contributing Faculty Members are assigned a course, which is taught using the eCollege platform, and are responsible for interacting with students within this platform. Discussion Boards for classrooms are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Although postings to the classroom may be done at any time of day, they must be completed in a timely manner in accordance with the Faculty Handbook or other criteria established by Walden University. Per the faculty handbook, responses to student questions must be posted within 48 hours. Faculty Members are required to verify the accuracy of student postings and submissions and to provide feedback and grades to students through Blackboard.
Ph.D. faculty/Chairs are required to review doctoral student work. This includes content, clarity of writing and other aspects of written documents. The chair will provide in-depth feedback on literature reviews, chapter analysis, formatting and quality of the methodology used and appropriate statistical analysis and modeling.
- Further Chair responsibilities include the following:
- Understanding student research methodology and content
- Advise the student through prospectus stage through oral defense!
- Advising the candidate as to realistic timelines for dissertation completion
- Work with student on technical and ethical quality of research
- Guide the student through the prospectus stage.
- Providing detailed guidance on the research proposal structure, formatting, and content.
- Partner with student on setting clear expectations.
- Work with the candidate in the selection/methods procedures for data collection and analysis.
- Work with the candidate in the IRB approval process
- Faculty will answer student communication within 24 hours.
- Faculty will provide in-depth analysis when assessing students work, both as a Chair or Second Committee Member and when teaching classes.
- Serve as Second Committee Member when required.
Walden expects faculty to be reasonably accessible to students. Faculty members are expected to be available to students outside the course discussion board and in addition to providing substantive feedback on assignments and postings. Faculty members will publish their availability to students through course syllabi, instructor information in the classroom, and/or other appropriate documents. The university suggests regular and predictable availability, such as online office hours or regular online chats.
Faculty Members may be required to attend Residencies held domestically or internationally, (Part-time faculty may, but are not required to attend), where they will teach intensives and colloquia, and facilitate school and university-wide discussions.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Faculty members are required to have an adequate computer to handle an electronic learning platform, keyboard, pointing device, and computer monitor. All other tools are knowledge-based or training-based through Walden University. The Faculty Member must be able to use Microsoft Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint), zip software, and Adobe Acrobat and must have reliable Internet access as well as alternate access in cases where primary access becomes unavailable.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Earned doctorate in the field of study or closely related field (or recognized by a country’s Ministry of Education or Counsel of Higher Education).
- Candidates should possess a significant record of intellectual and professional contributions to the field of, including experience in the practice of I/O Psychology, human resource management, organizational development, and general management.
- Three to five years of teaching experience at the degree level of the program is preferred.
- Two years serving as a chair or second committee member.
- Two years or more of online or technology-enabled instruction experience preferred.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
- Teaching, advising, and mentoring; commitment to the promotion of applied research excellent leadership, communication, team, and human relations skills.
- Experience with distance learning preferred.
- Ph.D. in respective field.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION:
- Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed, possess an earned degree from an accredited institution or recognized by a country's ministry of education in the discipline being taught, and may be expected to be licensed or license-eligible to teach in specific programs.
- Faculty Members must maintain their licenses and any appropriate certifications to continue to teach at Walden University.
- Faculty Members are also expected to maintain currency with research by reviewing articles, journals, and presentations. If participating in research, the Faculty Member may publish and acknowledge Walden University."
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected compensation rate for this position is as follows:
- Graduate Course Instruction: $1,560 - $4,080 per Quarter or Semester, depending on type of course taught and length of course
- Undergraduate Course Instruction: $700 - $2,200 per quarter, depending on type of course taught and length of course.
Actual pay may be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as type of course taught; experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Walden also offers other opportunities for its contributing faculty members, such as dissertation/doctoral study committee chair positions, research reviewing, and dissertation and doctoral study mentoring.
Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.