Contributing Faculty - PhD Clinical Psychology
Walden University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE). More than 50 years ago, Walden University was founded to support adult learners in achieving their academic goals and making a greater impact in their professions and communities. Students from across the U.S. and more than 115 countries are pursuing a certificate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree online at Walden. The university offers more than 100 online degree and certificate programs. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, hlcommission.org. For more information, please visit WaldenU.edu and WaldenFacts.com.
Faculty are responsible for engaging with students in asynchronous learning activities, which may include discussion boards, review of multimedia student presentations, written assignments, etc., as well as grading assignments, providing written individualized feedback, answering student questions, and at times delivering synchronous course sessions during the quarter. Although postings to the classroom may be done at any time of day, they must be completed in a timely manner in accordance with the Faculty Handbook or other criteria established by Walden University. Per the faculty handbook, responses to student questions must be posted within 48 hours. Some courses may require in-person instruction in addition to the aforementioned. However, teaching these types of courses is not required but available for assignment to all faculty with an additional stipend.
All new Faculty Members receive specific training from Walden University in the techniques teaching, use of an electronic learning platform, specifics of the policies, procedures and degree programs of the School or College in which they are going to teach, socialization into the Walden University culture, assessment of academic integrity of student work (including use of www.turnitin.com), and research supervision of theses and dissertations. New faculty will be supported by Core Faculty during the first taught course.
Walden expects faculty to be reasonably accessible to students. Faculty members are expected to be available to students outside the course, and in addition to providing substantive feedback on assignments and postings. Faculty members will publish their availability to students through course syllabi, instructor information in the classroom, and/or other appropriate documents. The university suggests regular and predictable availability, such as online office hours or regular online chats.
Faculty Members will have the opportunity to teach at university, doctoral Residencies held domestically or internationally, (Part-time faculty are not required to attend), where they will teach intensives and colloquia, and facilitate school and university-wide discussions. This assignment opportunity is available for an additional stipend to faculty.
Faculty members will be expected to participate in doctoral dissertation committees in addition to teaching courses. This assignment opportunity is available for an additional stipend to faculty per student mentored.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a Doctoral level Psychologist license.
- Earned doctorate in the field of study or closely related field (or recognized by a country’s Ministry of Education or Counsel of Higher Education).
- Candidates should possess a significant record of intellectual and professional contributions to the field of Psychology, including experience in the practice of Professional Psychology (Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology or School Psychology)
- Three to five years of teaching experience at the degree level of the program is preferred
- Two years or more of online or technology-enabled instruction experience preferred.
- Two years or more of student research mentoring is preferred
- Experience administering, scoring, interpreting psychological assessments, preferably cognitive, learning, achievement, and objective and projective personality assessments is preferred.
- Experience with a variety of psychotherapeutic interventions preferred.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of adult students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment
- Teaching, advising and mentoring; commitment to the promotion of applied research and the recruitment and development of a diverse faculty; excellent leadership, communication, team, and human relations skills.
- Experience with distance learning preferred.
- Willingness to travel to provide face-to-face instruction is preferred
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION\
Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed and possess a Doctoral level Psychologist license. Faculty Members must maintain their licenses and any appropriate certifications in order to continue to teach at Walden University. Faculty Members are also expected to maintain currency with research by reviewing articles, journals, and presentations. If participating in research, the Faculty Member may publish and acknowledge Walden University.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected compensation rate for this position is as follows:
- Graduate Course Instruction: $1,560 - $4,080 per Quarter or Semester, depending on type of course taught and length of course
- Undergraduate Course Instruction: $700 - $2,200 per quarter, depending on type of course taught and length of course
Actual pay may be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as type of course taught; experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Walden also offers other opportunities for its contributing faculty members, such as dissertation/doctoral study committee chair positions, research reviewing, and dissertation and doctoral study mentoring.
Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.