Contract Therapist - State Licensed in Ohio
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Ross University School of Medicine is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. The organization's purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, Ross is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 16,000 alumni, Ross is an important contributor to healthcare in North America. Students complete their foundational studies in Barbados, West Indies, before completing their clinical training in one of Ross’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States.
This non-academic post collaborates with the Manager, Clinical Student Support and provides individual mental health counseling to a diverse academic community of medical students as an independent contractor. Additional services may include crisis intervention, group therapy, and consultation with other RUSM professionals and programs. This is a contract position in alignment with the therapist’s schedule.
The RUSM Wellness & Counseling Center (the “Center”) contributes to the overall academic mission of the University. The primary mission of the Center is to assist students in resolving personal difficulties and in acquiring those skills, attitudes, and resources necessary to succeed in medical school and pursue productive, healthy, and satisfying lives.
Must be licensed in the state of Ohio.
Services to be Provided by Contract Therapist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide individual mental health counselling, crisis intervention and case management to RUSM students
- Participate in quality improvement and peer review activities
- Adhere to the ethical and legal standards of professional practice and behavior relevant to their field of training and licensure (Contract Therapist is responsible for any costs associated with training and licensure)
- Maintain timely and accurate clinical notes in the Center’s electronic health record system
- Adhere to applicable Center policies
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with the campus community and other employees and contractors of the Center
- Provide consultation to colleagues
- Provide occasional evening and weekend hours
Completes Provides other duties services as assigned.
- Doctorate (preferred), Master's (required) degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, Social Work
- State licensure/certification by the appropriate regulatory body
- Proven experience of providing effective mental health counseling services utilizing best practices
- Proven experience of crisis intervention experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience of effectively providing services in a fast-paced environment with little guidance
- Proven experience of cultural humility in clinical practice
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with diverse student populations
- Strong technological skills
The contract pay rate for this position is $88.29 per hour.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.