This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Walden University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE). More than 50 years ago, Walden University was founded to support adult learners in achieving their academic goals and making a greater impact in their professions and communities. Students from across the U.S. and more than 115 countries are pursuing a certificate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree online at Walden. The university offers more than 100 online degree and certificate programs. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, hlcommission.org. For more information, please visit WaldenU.edu and WaldenFacts.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Academic Operations Specialist/Contracts Specialist for Field Experience will work with colleagues in Walden University's Office of Applied Learning Agreements and Walden University’s legal staff in managing the needs of its ever-growing field experience Programs.
The Full-Time Contracts Specialist Field Experience candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience preferred in contracts and transactional practice areas, preferably in a higher education setting. Knowledge of healthcare and education contracts is a plus. This position supports the members of the academic programs’ Field Experience team, with a primary focus on support for Education and Nursing.
This position is virtual.
Specific duties include:
- Working with a small and nimble team to negotiate affiliation agreements between Walden and field sites required for student field experience placement.
- Directly negotiating various contract terms with existing and potential affiliates.
- Assisting with management and tracking of all contracts, amendments and contract issues relating to student field experiences.
- Reviewing field experience contracts, affiliation agreements and associated documents for consistency with University requirements.
- Reviewing and preparing correspondence and communications relating to field experience contracts, affiliation agreements and associated documents.
- Assisting with annual revision of University contracts, forms and documents.
- Assisting in the research of state and federal laws and regulations related to student field experiences.
- Working with University legal staff and field site representatives to incorporate changes or address questions relating to field experience contracts, affiliation agreements or associated documents.
- Understanding University insurance and indemnity requirements.
- Researching existing contracts to address questions or issues.
- Assisting with the continued development of processes and systems related to contract review and management.
- Administrative duties including data tracking and reporting.
- Additional projects, as assigned.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 3 years of corporate contract administration/negotiation experience is required, preferably in a higher education setting.
• BA/BS or relevant work experience preferred.
• Knowledge of education and healthcare affiliation agreements is preferred.
• Self-starter demonstrating thoroughness and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• High sensitivity to the confidential nature of the work.
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• High computer literacy including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel is required.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, and PowerPoint is preferred.
• Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision, balanced with the ability to work well in a professional team/corporate office environment.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $41,419.01 and $75,065.24. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.