Clinical Nursing Instructor (Part-Time)
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 23 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Opportunity at a Glance:
We invite candidates to submit profiles for future clinical sessions.
Chamberlain College of Nursing seeks Part-Time Clinical Instructors interested in teaching students in our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program studying at our Irwindale, CA campus. #on-site
Partnering with healthcare organizations located throughout: North and South Los Angeles County, San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernadino County areas.
Candidates with a completed MSN are encouraged to apply - Teaching experience is not required!
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your nurse educator experience, joining the largest nursing school in the nation with more than 130 years of history educating nurses.
Required commitment is one 12/hour shift per week for each 8-week session at one of our clinical partner sites.
Chamberlain students experience practice settings that include large and small hospitals, long-term care facilities, community and public-health agencies, faith-based service organizations, anywhere healthcare is delivered.
We are presently accepting applications to meet potential future need in the following areas of specialization:
Adult Health I&II (Med-Surg)
Complex Health (Critical Care)
Collaborative Health (Leadership)
Capstone Final Practicum
- Implements the College's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching and service to the College, community, health system and profession
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching assignments
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level of performance based on course objectives
- Is available for remediation of students as required or needed
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with student's knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs
- Grades homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner
- May teach didactic course content under supervision of course coordinator
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns
- Reports to the dean or assistant dean: a course coordinator will also provide direct oversight
- A Master's (MSN), or doctoral degree (DNP/PhD) in nursing from a regionally accredited college or university
- An unencumbered professional nursing license in California
- At least three years professional experience within last five years in the area of instruction as a registered nurse
- Teaching or precepting experience is preferred but not required
- Clinical skills competency verification
- Evidence of clinical competency via CV/resume/portfolio
- Annual self-assessment using NLN clinical nurse educator competencies
- Annual self-assessment of clinical nursing skills using the Chamberlain University Faculty Assistant/Teaching Assistant Self Assessment of Clinical Skills
- Successful completion of an auto graded med math exam
- Have genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
Chamberlain Visiting Professor Position - Campus:
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $65 per hour and $97.50 per hour.
Actual pay may be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as type of course taught; experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!