Clinical Advisor - Hybrid/Miramar
About Ross University School of Medicine
Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), an Adtalem Global Education institution, expands access and opportunity to students on the path to becoming skilled physicians who are determined to make an impact in global communities. RUSM has graduated more than 15,000 alumni who practice in the U.S. and Canada. Located in Barbados, RUSM promotes equitable educational access through the Access and Inclusion in Medicine (AIM) Scholars Program to advance equity in healthcare through diversity and inclusion and to directly impact undeserved communities by decreasing health disparities in the U.S. RUSM is accredited by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions.
Visit medical.rossu.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Opportunity at a Glance
The Clinical Advisor is an excellent communicator who is responsible for placing medical clinical students (Clinical years 3 and 4) into track core programs and elective clinical clerkships at AOA or ACGME approved clinical training sites, that meet the University’s requirements and comply with state and federal regulations for licensure and residency. He/she will ensure that students are scheduled to meet graduation requirements and continuously provide excellent customer service while working to overcome student issues to promote student success.
This is a hybrid role.
- Provides valuable customer service to medical students in their clinical semesters via telephone and emails (Outlook and salesforce) as a means of student communication.
- Works with students to schedule track programs and elective rotations to ensure that they fulfill the school’s graduation requirements.
- Provides face to face or telephone advisement to students, as well as participate in medical science campus visits.
- Provides advising to students on how they can best develop outcomes frequently used in medical residency applications as a measure of a candidate’s likelihood to succeed.
- Uses the SCT Banner system to schedule students for clinical rotations, process updates, and perform general data entry on all systems with relation to clinical clerkship requirements.
- Maintains a database of medical rotations and clerkship inventory.
- Develops and keeps current a cross-reference database of affiliated and non-affiliated hospitals and works with the Supervisor and Senior Advisor of the office of clinical student services to update the resources on the University’s website.
- Subject matter resource on licensure and residency requirements for the purpose of quality advisement.
- Provides adequate phone coverage throughout the day in collaboration with peers and Senior Clinical Advisor(s).
- Meets established response time metrics and quality standards for written communication with students via Outlook and Salesforce.
- Meets established response time metrics and quality standards for phone service levels.
- Serves as a student advocate when assisting with the resolution of student problems.
- Participates in the effective access and use of key reports and system tools.
- Gives feedback on emerging student needs and helps develop innovative solutions to meet them, solving unique and complex problems with broad impact to student satisfaction.
- Responds to various inquiries regarding state and federal regulatory issues which will impact a student’s ability to practice medicine following graduation.
- Documents appropriate procedures, instructions, and rules to share knowledge and create standards.
- Takes professional development courses and keeps up to date with industry literature and other learning material.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; relevant experience in either medical education or a heavy volume customer service field may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement.
- 1-2 years prior experience in education or a field related to counseling or customer service preferred.
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet applications, database software, SalesForce and SCT Banner highly desirable.
- Familiarity with NBME, ECFMG/USMLE guidelines and other pertinent policies and procedures necessary for licensure of international medical graduates (IMGs) desirable.
- Writes and speaks professionally; presents information in a way that is understandable and clear to students, administrators, peers, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent negotiation and decision-making skill.
- Develops and adheres to timelines; ability to organize and prioritize.
- Demonstrates a professional image reflected in behavior, maturity, and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly. Must be service oriented.
- Exhibits credibility and has the ability to persuade and convince others.
- A team player, respectful of others and capable of working well with a wide variety of associates.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $16.65 and $27.36. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!