Certified Anesthesia Veterinary Technician
About Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM), an Adtalem Global Education institution, prepares students to become veterinary leaders by drawing connections among animals, people and the planet, as a member of the One Health Initiative. RUSVM offers research programs focused on emerging infectious and zoonotic diseases, conservation medicine and ecosystem health. RUSVM has graduated more than 6,000 students and offers postgraduate master’s, PhD, and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) programs accredited by the St. Christopher & Nevis Accreditation Board and the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education. RUSVM is located on St. Kitts and includes the Ross University Veterinary Clinic, accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association.
Visit veterinary.rossu.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Opportunity at a Glance
Certified Veterinary Technician for the Anesthesia area of Clinical Sciences Department
Duties will be assigned by the Division Head and Technician Manager in consultation with the Head of Department. There would be an expectation to maintain licensure and AAHA and AVMA accreditation requirements.
The successful candidate will join a large team which consists of Certified/ Licensed/ Registered veterinary technicians/nurses, veterinary assistants, and faculty. The candidate will work with Certified/ Licensed/ Registered veterinary technicians/nurses, veterinary assistants, support staff and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Anesthesia labs and offices for which they have responsibility. The role typically includes some clinical duties, teaching responsibilities, on call duties and administration but can vary.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the running of Anesthesia based student labs to teach both small and large animal anesthesia including but not limited to:
- Anesthetic protocols
- Anesthesia preparations (IVC Catheter placement, pre-medications, etc)
- Anesthetic Induction
- Anesthetic Monitoring
- Anesthetic Recovery
- Post-Operative Monitoring
- Administrative Duties as assigned
- Lab prep and Take down as assigned
- Anesthesia team supply maintenance as assigned
- Anesthetic equipment care and maintenance
- 3 years’ experience as a certified veterinary technician Required or equivalent
- Certified/ Licensed/ Registered veterinary technician/nurse Required
Equal Opportunity – Minority / Female / Disability / V / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation