Associate Director of Admissions - Hybrid
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), an Adtalem Global Education institution, expands access and opportunity to students on the path to becoming skilled physicians who are determined to make an impact in global communities. RUSM has graduated more than 15,000 alumni who practice in the U.S. and Canada. Located in Barbados, RUSM promotes equitable educational access through the Access and Inclusion in Medicine (AIM) Scholars Program to advance equity in healthcare through diversity and inclusion and to directly impact underserved communities by decreasing health disparities in the U.S. RUSM is accredited by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions.
Visit medical.rossu.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Adtalem believes in a culture of collaboration, creativity, and innovation, which thrives when we can work flexibly. Depending on your location, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- HYBRID – If you reside within 50 miles of Adtalem offices in Chicago, IL, Addison, IL, Columbia, MD, Minneapolis, MN, and Miramar, FL this role is hybrid, requiring office presence three days a week (Tue, Wed, Thu), with the rest of the work week spent working from home.
Opportunity at a Glance
The Associate Director of Graduate Admissions plays a key leadership role in the prospective student experience from inquiry to enrollment. Reporting directly to the Institutional Director of Admissions, the ADGA is responsible aligning the student experience from hand off from the SUP team, partnership with the Admission Operations team and leading the Graduate Admission Advisors with the core outcome of converting high quality prospects for the Adtalem Medical and Veterinary institutions.
As a working leader, the ADGA is charged with inquiry outreach, interview scheduling and submission, new student conversion and campus relationships for both their prospective students and overall prospective students through a high-performing team of Graduate Admission Advisors. This includes but is not limited to advising and building relationships with prospective students, interviewing eligible students, providing excellent customer service via email and phone calls, and utilizing Internet applications and student databases.
In partnership with the Director of Admissions, the ADGA is responsible for all new student initiatives including the student ambassador program, new student welcome webinars, and admissions support for each new student cohort for their respective medical or veterinary programs--American University of the Caribbean, Ross University School of Medicine, and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. The ADGA is responsible for selecting, managing, training and developing GRAA and ensuring that our prospective student process is both successful and raises and compliments our brand. As an ADGA, this individual may also serve as a mentor for the more junior Assistant Associate Directors of Admissions within their own team or cross institutionally.
- Manages admissions processes individually and through a team of dedicated Graduate Admission Advisors
- Ensures that inquiries, applications, and interviews move with pace and excellence through admissions process.
- Manages conversion processes and new student conversion ensuring that timelines and expectations are met.
- Conducts Prospective student interviews to create an interview write-up for review by the admissions committee
- Works with campus teams to align with Housing, Registrar, Student Finance, and Student Life to align all new student activities.
- Reaches out to prospective students, answering all questions and providing information about our programs. Speaks well and communicates effectively in all responses.
- Interviews qualified applicants and provides summary to Admissions Committee for a decision; communicates decisions with students.
- Observes team, coaches and provides observations, career development, and performance management.
- Provides weekly reporting on funnel metrics for Director of Admissions including interview data, committee review, and decision to acceptance metrics.
- Utilizes discretion and experience to offer continuous improvement in our admissions operations processes.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 years of successful Admission, Sales or Field Marketing experience
- Experience in the higher education industry
- Proven ability to cultivate a strong relationship with customers, preferably within education.
- Proven track record of motivating or leading a team.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong communicator, problem solver, brand ambassador and well-organized.
- Collaboration, partnership and optimistic driver is required for success in role.
- Must have a valid passport, a valid driver's license, reliable and appropriate transportation, a clear driving record and a flexible schedule as weekend work and travel is required at time.
- Mission driven, capable of quickly building rapport and inspiring trust, naturally effective when interacting with a wide variety of people in individual and group environments.
- Flexible and adaptable, recognized as a team player who enjoys collaboration and sharing successes.
- Computer proficiency utilizing MS Office, database proficiency required.
- Willingness to travel as needed and internationally at times; demonstrated ability to work remotely as necessary.
- Master's Degree in business or other directly relevant discipline.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $68,637.22 and $124,230.14. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
Equal Opportunity – Minority / Female / Disability / V / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation