Applied Human Anatomy Faculty - Sint Maarten
About American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), an Adtalem Global Education institution, is committed to training tomorrow’s physicians through international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. AUC is one of the most established medical schools in the Caribbean and focuses on community collaboration to benefit the health and well-being of the local communities, while enhancing the student learning experience. With campuses located in Sint Maarten and the United Kingdom, AUC has graduated more than 7,500 students and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine.
Visit aucmed.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
*Full-time Faculty position located on campus in Sint Maarten*
The successful candidate will provide strong, innovative teaching in applied human anatomy and embryology with the ability to integrate it with other clinical disciplines in our new system based curriculum. The successful candidate will also have excellent communication skills and a strong commitment to working closely with medical students to help them acquire the required medical knowledge and to develop clinical competency.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
Works with the Module Course Co-Directors of various semester to
- Develop the syllabus/course integrated content in human anatomy and embryology.
- Ensure that the course presents current concepts relevant to clinical scenarios.
- Develop appropriate integrated clinically relevant questions for examinations
- Develop new integrative exercises across all disciplines
- Run human anatomy lab using the hands-on human cadavers as well as the animated software for human anatomy
- Assist in maintaining accurate and current student records
- Complete other duties related to the curriculum as assigned.
- Attends a minimum of one conference each year for the purpose of curriculum enhancement and/or presentation of research.
- Maintains office -hours and is readily available to students for assistance.
- Maintains robust advisor/advisee interactions and advising.
- Serves on academic committees.
- Contributes to community outreach and/or student-centered research projects.
- PhD, MBBS, MD, MS or equivalent with specialization in human anatomy
- 3-4 years-experience teaching in a medical school environment.
- Familiarity with USMLE type of testing
- Human anatomy/cadaver lab experience required
- Documented record of teaching effectiveness
- Ability to relate concepts to clinical scenarios
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, with strong interest in working with medical students required
- Flexibility and ability to work well on a team
- Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques, materials and equipment used in postsecondary teaching/medical education preferred
- Educational technology skills, including use of e-learning management systems, audience response systems, online examinations, videoconferencing, desirable
- Willingness to reside in Sint Maarten required
Faculty rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit application by February 29th for immediate consideration
Equal Opportunity – Minority / Female / Disability / V / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation