This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), an Adtalem Global Education institution, is committed to training tomorrow’s physicians through international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. AUC is one of the most established medical schools in the Caribbean and focuses on community collaboration to benefit the health and well-being of the local communities, while enhancing the student learning experience. With campuses located in Sint Maarten and the United Kingdom, AUC has graduated more than 7,500 students and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine.
Visit aucmed.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
The Admissions Coordinator works under moderate supervision in performing a variety of administrative tasks that require a degree of independent judgment and discretion in processing. Perform tasks in support of admissions activities that include drafting correspondences and memos, scheduling appointments, processing applications, providing good customer service via email and phone calls, handling faxes, filing, operating office equipment and utilize Internet applications and student databases.
- Data entry of student information from application into student database. Processes changes in applicant status and updates documents in student database.
- Reviews transcripts for applicants and prepares grade calculation sheets for assigned group of applicants.
- Follow up with applicants/Sr. Admissions Coordinator as necessary to move them forward in the admissions process. Receives incoming calls from applicants; provides detailed information about the application process to applicants, refer and escalate calls as appropriate.
- Speaks well and communicates effectively in all responses.
- Works with incoming mail by opening, sorting, and distributing as needed. Monitors and replies to incoming email inquiries in department shared email box.
- Organize documents in ImageNow.
- Prepare student files for audit process.
- Responsible for completely file audit at the end of every semester.
- Completes other duties as business needs arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- One (1) year administrative/customer service experience in a professional work environment.
- Prior experience working in an institution of higher education.
- Strong verbal, organizational, written and professional telephone skills with customer service focus.
- Must be a quick learner in a fast-paced office environment.
- Demonstrated accuracy in filing and data entry using multiple student database systems.
- Knowledgeable of all Microsoft Office products, Outlook and Internet applications.
- Shows eagerness and willingness to assume new responsibilities.
- Ability to travel locally on occasion to support information seminars as needed.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $16.65 and $27.36. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.