This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
About Walden University
Walden University, an Adtalem Global Education institution, supports a diverse community of adult learners from across the U.S. and other countries, who seek to achieve their academic goals and make positive, lasting social change in their professions and communities. Walden is a B Corporation with a mission to provide a diverse community of career professionals who have the opportunity to transform themselves as scholar-practitioners to positively affect social change. Walden offers more than 100 online degree and certificate programs, for students pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral or certificate. Walden University has graduated more than 174,000 students and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Visit WaldenU.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Opportunity at a Glance
Under general supervision, determines student applicants' admissibility to the University. Evaluates transcripts and awards transfer of credit based on standards and guidelines developed by the Schools. Advises potential students on admission requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, and related issues.
- Reviews all applications and administers the admissions decisions process as developed and defined by the individual Schools.
- Special admissions cases and requests for exceptions to policies will be reviewed by the Manager of Admissions, and in ambiguous cases, the Faculty Chair/Dean will make the final determination.
- Awards transfer of credit based on standards and guidelines developed by the Schools, and communicates award to students and appropriate administrative offices.
- Provides unofficial assessment of transfer of credit for prospective students. Advises potential students on admission requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, and related issues.
- Responds to inquiries from students, faculty and internal student service groups.
- Supervises the transcription of transfer awards into the student information system once official evaluations are completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 2 Higher Ed experience within an Admission, Academic Advising, or Registrar Office. Required
- Ability to evaluate student transcripts and records.
- Skill in the use of computerized systems and databases.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $18.15 and $32.86. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.