Administrative Assistant II
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC School of Medicine) is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a healthcare educator headquartered in the United States. The organization’s purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, American University School of Medicine has more than 6,500 graduates and is one of the oldest medical schools in the Caribbean.
Dedicated to developing physicians with a lifelong commitment to patient-centered care, AUC embraces collaboration, inclusion, and community service. With a campus in St. Maarten, affiliated teaching hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom, and internationally recognized faculty, AUC has a diverse medical education program for today’s globally minded physician. American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine’s Medical Doctorate program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM). For more information visit aucmed.edu or follow AUC School of Medicine on Twitter @aucmed.
- Calendar Maintenance and Meetings. As directed, accept meetings, schedule meetings, coordinate invitations, both internal and external, for the Campus department/team/function. Work with internal resources and external resources for proper conference space on campus or outside campus, including facilities and food coordination. The expectation is that this position will use discretion in prioritizing requests and invitations that may be received.
- Campus Contact. Receive visitors, respond to general inquiries, both in person and in writing, and act as main point of contact with phone calls for the department/team/function. The expectation is that this position will maintain strong working relationships with students, colleagues and outside vendors and act as the “traffic controller” for the Campus department/team/function.
- Travel Coordination. As directed, coordinate travel for the team in support of the department/team/ function. Travel may include, but is not limited to, airline reservations, car rentals, directions, and appropriate destination contact information.
- Administrative Support. Maintain accurate records, file as requested, create files, scan, copy, conduct basic on-line research, data base input and upkeep in addition to providing support with e-mails, correspondence, memos, flyers, agendas and reports,
- Expense Management/Purchasing/Accounts Payable. Assist in ensuring that invoices, purchase orders and any supplies required are ordered, inventory prepared, organized, and processed timely and appropriately according to our process and procedures. In addition, as directed, process expense reports for the department/team/function. This position may have limited access to budget tools for recording purposes.
- Campus departrment/team/function Meetings. Attend, take notes and create meeting minutes for distribution, as directed.
- Campus Department/team/function Initiatives: As needed, assist with the organization, administrative support, communication and distribution of department/area/work function specific initiatives. This work may require the ability to analyze various data elements to create an overview of the assignment, from cost tracking to how we are utilizing our resources. While the position may not be assigned to all initiatives, or only portions thereof, the expectation is that this position will have exposure to specific initiatives, or exposure as part of a rotation, to those iniatives. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with any Learning Management systems used to support the curriculum programs, this could include uploading documents, maintaining the document/information inventory, or removing content. This position may also be asked to Proctor.
- Visiting Faculty/Housing Needs. Assist with property/housing and landlord inventory information, communication assistance, both verbal and in writing, with local contacts, contract tracking, and act as main point of contact for challenges with housing between external and internal resources to ensure that our Campus provided housing is meeting the basic living requirements for the Campus.
- Event Planning. Assist with the planning of Campus events, including Community Involvement (Examples including but are not limited to: Symposium, White Coat, Community Day etc.). This may include reaching out to vendors for promotional items or other tangible goods, maintaining an inventory, vendor communication, community organization contact, outside venue arrangements, transportation and coordination, and database entry and tracking.
- Student Orientation. Assist with student orientation, registration direction, reserving housing assignments, check-in check-out packages, preparing welcome packages, attending student orientation, ensuring internal and external facilities are maintained according to standards, and reporting cleaning/maintenance concerns following our practice and procedures.
- Committee Support: Assist with the coordination of faculty committee obligations which may include, but are not limited to, IRB Coordination, outreach for scheduled meetings and appointments, attendance and meetings and providing a summary to attendees.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- A High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in an office environment.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- A Valid Driver’s License.
- Proven competency in critical thinking, accountability, attention to detail. organizational agility and information analysis.
- Proficiency or higher level in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) highly desired.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- This position will be expected to work independently, under general supervision.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!